1. Grab your mobile phone, tablet, or other video recording device and clean your camera lens so it’s not murky. If your screen cover is scratched where the lens is, then remove your phone from it’s cover. Also switch your phone to flight mode to avoid interruptions.
2. Next, find a quiet place. This is important because poor audio will make your video unwatchable. If you have headphones with a microphone these will give you better audio, as will an external microphone but your phone will be just fine so long as you find a quiet place without too much background noise.
3. Make sure there is enough light so your face is well lit. Natural light is best. but if you’re doing this at night try and use light that shines into your face rather than from overhead as this will cast shadows.
4. Set your device to video. Hold it by hand in selfie mode, set it up in a tripod, or get someone to record you. Record in landscape mode which is horizontal not vertical.
5. Frame yourself so that your face covers 3/4 of the screen and remember to look directly at the camera lens not at yourself on the screen otherwise you’ll appear shifty. Feel free to get creative to show your surroundings if it adds to the questions below.